Re: Thanks for the info & opinion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 08, 2001 at 17:40:08:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Goat Ruff posted by Patterson on May 08, 2001 at 16:55:10:

I am thinking about getting a goatskin expedition from flightsuits. The question has always been veg. or chrome? I knew that you have always dug the veg. more, in general. It is surprising that MK seems to have changed his mind, since he's been a chrome fan. I guess the most important thing about either type of goat is the dryer treatment to get the leather to relax & drape. I had a goatskin from US wings wings that I gave to my mother, since she liked it so much. The jacket just didn't have the right feel to me, but in retrospect, I probably should have spent some time breaking in the leather. By the way, this is not a knock on US wings, or goatskin, for that matter. The Indy jacket is just very peculiar. Regards

xxxxxxxxx

: I have the chrome and the veg. Both are great, but I personally prefer the veg. It is lighter in weight, the color is better (IMHO), and it drapes better so far. The chrome I have is actually heavier than the veg, and is therefore taking more time to break in and take on the characteristic creases you see in the movie jacket. The veg began showing them very quickly. The seams on the chrome age nicely just rubbing with 91% alcohol, but it's taking a lot of work to get the panel sections to look right. The veg was uniformly easy to age - it just took a little patience to do over 5-6 treatments. Right now, it looks like the jackets you see in the flying wing sequence - good uniform distressing and well broken in.

: Regards,

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: