I have to agree with you...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wm084.proxy.aol.com on May 08, 2001 at 20:07:52:

In Reply to: The "CGI Revolution" posted by Austin Powers on May 08, 2001 at 15:08:24:

I do not have a problem with CGI itself, just the lazy abuse/overuse of it. CGI did not help Phantom Menace cover for a weak script and inane character development – why should Mummy II be any different? Mummy II has a lot of problems, and the overuse of CGI is just one of them. I could have overlooked the CGI abuse if the story had been better. It was a 2-hour comic book – and not even a real good comic book. Some of the sequences (after the first 40 minutes) were pretty good entertainment. But, IMHO, the storyline had a few real groaners in it. Come on – Neferatiti reincarnated? All we needed was a virgin birth, and the plate would have been full. I just kept waiting for something to scare me, but it never happened. Ah, well - I'd compare it to Temple of Doom, sorta. My 8-year-old will enjoy it, and my wife won’t give me grief over blood and gore. Maybe they'll pull it out of the fire for a third installment? But, I would ask that they spend a little more time on the story and less time clicking a mouse. Hey - maybe they could actually try and scare us?

Again - IMHO.

Hey MK – don’t get me wrong. I had a great time!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: