LOL! You and me both! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wm041.proxy.aol.com on May 09, 2001 at 13:10:58:

In Reply to: Re: Gee...I wonder... posted by Goodsport on May 08, 2001 at 23:32:29:

: : I loved it, but I was twelve at the time. My father on the other hand didn't hate it, but he thought the other two were much better.
: : Regards

: :
: : xxxxxxxx

:
: :
: : : I never saw ToD when it first came out in the theaters...but I wonder if people treated it as they are treating the Mummy Returns...I would think so...

: : : Just a thought...

: : : Georgiana!!!!!!

:
:       Kinda sorta. Some purists denounced it because it wasn't Raiders of the Lost Ark. Some parents complained that it a little too gruesome. Most people believed that although it was definitely different from the first movie, that they still liked it!

:       Incidently, two movies that summer caused quite a commotion among those group of parents - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Gremlins (the first directed by Steven Spielberg, the second produced by him). Both movies were rated PG, although the parents demanded that they should have been rated R (to which Spielberg vocally disagreed). It was specifically because of those two movies that the PG-13 rating was created.

:       I can't believe that I actually remember all that firsthand... oh man, I'm old!

:
: -G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: