????????

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tl054.proxy.aol.com on May 10, 2001 at 00:51:28:

In Reply to: 2 Strikes...... posted by Indiana Eastwood on May 10, 2001 at 00:07:02:

How in the Hell is Crocodile Dundee remotely related to Indy? I'm as big an Indy fan as you're likely to find, but not every guy in a hat is a rip-off of Indy. I think we all forget sometimes that Indy himself is nothing more than a knock-off, borrowing from several characters and storylines too old for even MK, Patterson and myself to remember. (Sorry for that, guys but sometimes age alone gives at least some claim to authority). If anything Dundee is a knock-off of Steve Irwin. In his pre-TV days Steve even had a hat like Dundee's; EVERYONE in Australia does. "The Mummy Returns" IS NOT A STRIKE! I hope to Hell you at least saw it before throwing that out there. If you're just going on the reviews consider that at least 90% of film critics are mindless, talentless hacks that flunked out of film school and had to settle. They're failed, bitter and somehow in charge of telling us what to like. A film critic is nothing more that an asshole that needs a cork shoved up it. Nothing will ever capture the particular magic of Indiana Jones. Nothing will ever again capture the magic of the original Star Wars or even the Mummy films. I hear people bitching all the time that they don't make good, period adventure films like 'Raiders' anymore. But then when they do, people still bitch. I hate CGI sometimes myself, but like it or not it's practical. Who the Hell wants to hire, feed, choreograph, outfit, house and pay 500 extras to stage a battle when you can create them digitally over a blank shot of a background? And you guys are wasting your time hoping 'Tomb Raider' will fill any voids. I can tell you from the lack of real content in the trailers (they're mostly picture-in-picture images set against a video game options screen) that it should go straight to video. Most of it will take place in a pseudo-futuristic world of hi-tech devices and imagery where Lara Croft is 'trained' and we'll get our Indy-esque moments in the last fifteen minutes. My two cents....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]