Re: About those floods down in South Texas...I'm smack in middle of them.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Webley from odo.belgium.eu.net on October 23, 1998 at 12:21:50:

In Reply to: Re: About those floods down in South Texas...I'm smack in middle of them. posted by The White Rider on October 22, 1998 at 21:02:39:

: : : I live in the beautiful and old city of San Antonio. This past weekend, we got a nasty surprise - 20 inches of rain in two days. 28 hours of nonstop heavy rain. A curent death toll of about 25. I haven't been affected, but many of our suburbs and house on the southeast side have been partially or totally destroyed. School just reopened in some places. The San Antonio River was up to the overhead bridges (give you a measurement later). Highway 281 by the Quarry was underwater for 3 days. The Alamodome almost flooded. Damage in the hundreds of millions. We have been designated a disaster. Power was out in half the city. We simultaneously had flood warnings in about nine different counties. Ever see Hard Rain?

: : : Nasty, nasty weather. Just thought you'd like a first-hand report of the situation. We're okay. The flooding is almost completely gone. We set a new October rain record and 24 hour record for our city. Otherwise, it's generally been Waterworld in some areas.

: : : Over and out.

: : : -The White Rider-

: : Hope you are okay, but what the hell does this have to do with Indy?

: In Temple of Doom, "WATER!! WATER!!!" Actuall, I just thought of that on the fly and it's the only thing that seems relevant to Indy.

: Over and out.

: -The Whiter Rider-

Hey
I know what you are talking about. Here (in Belgium)it happens once a year and this year it was BIG! More than 1000 houses were damaged but don't worry. Everything is OK now.
I actually like these posts from Indyfans who talk about the things that happens in their life and always like to read them.
-Webley-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]