Thanks for the reassurance, here goes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mmarosy from 206.15.45.139 on May 10, 2001 at 19:11:24:

In Reply to: Re: questions for MK and/or Patterson posted by MK on May 10, 2001 at 15:52:43:

I'm trying to decide which FS to get, though I think I'm leaning towards the goatskins as I'd like something durable to wear on a motorcycle. I was always worried about this with my Wested Lamb. And so the questions:

Who would be best to talk to at FS?
Between the chrome and the veg, the veg is said to resemble the actual coat better, but even with Patterson saying that he had luck in aging the jacket, I didn't see much showing in MK's pics. Is the aging apparent first hand?
Patterson stated that after not "hanging it next to his Armani", that it's starting to drape better. MK, is your's staring to relax, or is it still a bit stiff?
Wasn't it a nickle zipper that I should request?
I've heard people talking about samples, will FS send these on request? If so, will they be enough to figure out a preference?

I really like the way MK was able to age his jacket, and I'm afraid to try and age with sandpaper as Patterson had to do a bit with the veg. But, I don't want to have a jacket that's stiff.

Lee told me on the phone that veg was the way to go, but I guess what I want out of a jacket is one that will show "wear and tear", but also wear nicely.

I know these things have been covered before, but when it comes to decision making time just before I buy, I just wanted a last little bit of knowledge to weigh the pros and cons.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: