agreed (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.75.151 on May 11, 2001 at 12:19:53:

In Reply to: Well... posted by West on May 11, 2001 at 02:30:34:

:
: ::I am just curious when you wear all that stuff.

: I wear my stuff all the time. I wear the jacket when it's cold and I wear my hat when it's raining, when I go out and feel like wearing it, when I don't comb my hair etc. Basically I wear it all the time like say a teenage guys who wears the same t-shirt, baggy pants, and hair cut like tneir friends wear or say some popular guy on tv wears. The only difference is I like looking different and paying homage to an old style that seems to have almost died but is coming back.

: ::Don't get me wrong, I think Indy has a cool style going.
: ::You look like a complete dork wearing all that stuff.
:
: Contradicting yourself doesn't make you sound like a dork?

: ::Why not buy a leather coat because YOU like it, not because some Hollywood action star wore it.
: This is simple to answer: I BUY THE LEATHER JACKET CAUSE I LIKE IT. Simple. I've always liked military spec jackets like the A-2 and G-1 and this jacket, besides being worn by Indy, is a good jacket because it combines fashion and function. If Indy had worn a different jacket all together I'd still wear it. I wear it cause it looks cool and is comfortable to wear. Would you say the same thing to the millions of guys who buy/wear a A-2 just because it was worn by guys who fought in World Wars? No, they get it cause it's both a historical item and a good jacket.

: ::And why not buy an original hat?
:
: My fedora is a good hat. Unlike the millions out there (are they original? do you mock THEM?) who wear baseball caps, I like something that has style and a good look to it. My hat is CUSTOM made to what I wanted. I've only seen one like mine in my area. THAT IS ORIGINAL, is it not? I wear fedoras because my grandfather got me hooked on them, I like Indy's style because it is the most original and best liked (to me) fedora I've seen. I've seen guys wear little hats with sports team logos, and hats with school names, and cowboy hats all come by the millions. This hat is a fedora. It was originally worn in an opera. Go out, ask one person if they've heard of a fedora. See who doesn't say, "cool," to a hat like this. Unlike most on this forum I've had no one mock me when I wear my hat, only people who want one of their own.

:
: Laters,
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: