NH pants information

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jas from c806767-a.plano1.tx.home.com on May 11, 2001 at 18:11:33:

In Reply to: IndySean, an answer to your question. posted by Austin Powers on May 11, 2001 at 17:57:22:

: I didn't respond to your post because by the time I saw it it was buried beneath a ton of unfunny comedians' posts.

: Anyway, my quest for decent pants ended pretty quickly. Nobody was too eager to help out and measure their NH pants(which I can understand because being asked to measure gear is annoying as hell).

: I did find out from one fan that the "classic-fit" LLBean pants have a cuff area which is 9" wide, which doesn't sound bad considering my cargo pants are just under 9.5" and "drape" around the boots fine. But the person said his LLBeans don't drape as good as he'd like, and that the "natural-fit" pants might be roomier in the leg.

: So I don't know what to say. I don't think I'll be buying any LLBean pants in the near future though, it's just too big a gamble. Now I've heard from another fan that LL's wool trousers are "too dressy" for his tastes. Personally, I prefer SEEING pants and shirts in person before buying. Online pictures are never very accurate and who's to say they'd be sized right anyway?

: I never found out how wide the NH legs are, but I can only imagine and HOPE that they'd drape correctly over the Aldens. But to me £255 is an insane amount of money to spend on pants. And I've HEARD that they're "dry-clean-only", but no one's confirmed this info for me.

: For now I'll have to settle for wearing cargo pants with my Aldens, and a few select pairs of wider-legged khakis. I'll keep my eye out for decent replicas in department stores and I'll let ya know if I find a pair that doesn't bunch-up around the boot ankle.

: Austin Powers

I'm sorry, I must have missed your request for specs on the NH pants. I just measured mine at approximately 10 and 1/8 inches at the cuff. I can tell you that they drape very nicely over the Aldens. The drape of the NH pants was the main factor influencing my decision to buy them, as I had never been able to reproduce "the look" with any other brand of khakis. Regarding the cleaning, I don't think there is a tag that says "dry clean only", however I do take them to my local cleaner when necessary just to be safe. I hope this helps.

Indiana Jas
Allen, TX

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: