Re: Oh yeah, this just keeps gettin' better and better....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on May 11, 2001 at 21:51:35:

In Reply to: Oh yeah, this just keeps gettin' better and better.... posted by Austin Powers on May 11, 2001 at 20:45:16:

The Fed came with a snap brim. I dimensionally cut it to 2 3/4 x 2 5/8. Then I shaped and steamed to my liking.

The shirt is a Noel Howard Raiders version with lighter colored buttons. I actually traded this for an LLBean version with someone I met here on the forum from Europe. I like it a lot. I have been able to wash it regularly (machine wash) as well. It's actually a fabulously made shirt. The fit is great.

Cheers,

-Indy Sean
-----

: Recently I've been seein' some really kick-ass Federations. Originally I saw the pictures on HatsDirect's website and I dismissed this hat. But now I reckon I oughta change my tune.

: Man your hat looks slick. I have no idea how you got the brim so perfect. I have an old Akubra that I dimensionally cut, but the brim is so damn flat. Did the Federation come flat too? What're the dimensions of your brim now?

: Another thing is the shirt. I've only seen pictures of the NH shirt draped on chairs or laying flat on the floor, I've never seen anyone wearing one. The shirt actually looks cool. It's not as flimsy-looking and old-fashioned as I thought it would be. Which movie version is your shirt? I know one has light buttons and one has dark.

: Austin Powers

: P.S. Is the shirt "dry-clean-only", or have you washed and dried it the normal way?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]