Okay, MK, set me straight...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from tcache-wn01.proxy.aol.com on May 12, 2001 at 00:24:40:

Now that I'm in the chrome goat club, I want mine to look as cool as yours. At first I thought I'd go the natural route, but your recent post made sense to me. Why wait 20 years to get what you want? Heck, I've already waited 20 years. Incidentally, my dad (Schwammy Sr.) once caught me trying to artificially age my new 80's bomber jacket with a brick and thought I was nuts. HA on him!
Anyway, can you age a jacket and still have the leather be protected from rain, or is that a contradiction? (The label said not to wear it in the rain, but as I understand it, Lexol essentially makes the jacket waterproof, not that I'm about to go out in a downpour to test it.)
I guess my other question is do you do the alcohol rubdown and the acetone before the Lexol or after? Also, did you sandpaper yours or just do the acetone?
And finally, I think I read on your web page that the chrome goat aged the easiest, but then I thought I saw you say somewhere else that you can't push the color around on the goatskin as easily as the lamb.
Am I making sense? If not, it's just because I'm so happy to have this blessed jacket. I'm trying very hard not to love the gift more than the giver, as Chuck Swindoll cautioned last night.

cheers
-schwammy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: