Excellent point! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thefumegator from Edialup171.slkc.uswest.net on May 12, 2001 at 12:45:03:

In Reply to: Well now... posted by Fedora on May 12, 2001 at 12:37:28:

Folks, I am here to inform you that the gear is just another facet of the fan thing. Sure, it is discussed here a whole lot, but unlike the films, it is not static. There is constant change, and some of that brought about by the gear fans themselves. I think that is a phenonomen in and of itself. And the wearing of gear from another era, thereby going against the current fashion, is a statement in itself. Mark Twain used to wonder about many things, and the one that I like is when he compared the masses with monkeys. Basically, he said that the head monkey in Paris, donned certain clothing, and the rest of us followed suit. Monkey see, monkey do. Whether you like it or not, you are in that loop. Personally I like the vintage look, and I have always felt that the world is a stage, and I am but an actor. Being an actor, in this sense, let's have fun with it. Life is too short to do otherwise. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]