Slightly off-topic (I'll be discussing Indiana Jones)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveu88.dialup.mindspring.com on May 12, 2001 at 20:42:05:

The museum where I work has a sizable theater, and I'm trying to convince the powers that be to run some classic movies. "Tora, Tora, Tora", "Run Silent, Run Deep", etc. We're a maritime museum, so we have to stay on-topic. I'm thinking that Indy could be considered martime because Raiders had the U-boat AND the tramp steamer (Bantu Wind?). Temple started in Shanghai, which is a major Asian port. And a portion of Crusade took place in the old maritime city of Venice. Am I going too far? Will my personnel record include the word "trouble-maker" yet again? Perhaps if I explain how popular Indy would be and how much money we stand to make...Museum administrators tend to understand things better when a little silver is apt to cross their palms...I suppose the main question would be if people would be willing to come to a museum (*collective groan from the masses*) to see Indy?
-graml
PS I've heard rumor that Sci-Fi is planning to run Yound Indy. Anyone hear this too?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]