Thanks! One more question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-129-83.cruzio.com on May 13, 2001 at 00:37:21:

In Reply to: Re: How is your jacket breaking-in? posted by D2K on May 12, 2001 at 23:23:02:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like goatskin is the way to go. I have the cowhide VIP, which is a great jacket, but dislike its heavy weight. Is the USWings goatskin Indy relatively light in weight? If it is, that might be my next jacket purchase. Thanks again!

Regards,
Zippy

: It was never stiff. -Soft like buttah from day one. EVERYONE who's seen the jacket compliments me on it, friends, family, the guy at the tailor who did the sleeves, everyone.

: As to wear, I've had it about 3 months now. I wear it EVERY minute I can (kinda' bummed now that the heat is here.) I find myself going out of my way to rub up against stuff (stone/brick/stucco walls, trees, etc.) So far about all the wear you could see is the faintest hint of a scratch or two (tiny) around the lower cuff area. You'd really have to be looking for it though. A normal person (read : non-IndyFan type) would say the jacket looks brand new. We'll see how it goes once I get to wear it for a full cold weather season and beyond.

: Bottom line is I love this jacket. It replaced one I'd had for 15 years (cow hide.) It took a long time for me to find the right one, but this is definitely it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]