Shorty's Comments on this IndyGear/Anti-IndyGear situation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shorty from PPPa21-ResaleFtLauderdale1-2R7288.dialinx.net on May 13, 2001 at 08:04:04:

Hello, I'm Leonard Maltin.

"What we've got here is failure to
communicate.
Some men you just can't reach..."

For a long time now Indyfan has been flooded to death with posts about Indygear, and people are complainin' about us "Kiddies", Graml Fall Guy, Jay, etc. bein' smartasses and immature. Well look at it this way - We see your Indy Gear posts as you see our immature smartass posts. Ever consider that?!?!
Yes, I understand this forum says "All things Indy", but some people come here asking about costumes from other movies! Like one guy said, "Where could I get the jackets from Pearl Harbor?" and stuff. Now people are coming here thinking this is a Movie Clothing Forum!

You see there's an IndyGear.com message board, just post your IndyGear there already!!! What in the world inspires you to post it here when there's already a forum on that? And what the HELL does this have to do with Indy? Yes, "All things Indy", but when you start talking about "How do I fix this flap?" "What if I iron this?" it's more like a "Wested FAQ Forum" or a "Alden FAQ Forum" etc.

If Indy were real and he were here, do you think he'd like people asking him about his damn clothes!?!?

I know there is nothing much to say about Indy nowadays, but when there's an IndyGear forum, GO TO IT!!!

I know Michaelson(Grins), we all were asking questions like hell about Indy Infernal when it came out, but wasn't that about the MAN and his ADVENTURES instead of his clothes? You're just talking about fabric! And little pieces of leather!!!!!!! You go off talking about OTHER kinds of hats and jackets as well instead of the wested or others that try to resemble the Indy look.

Here's the whole thing. \ | / The line on the left is Indy's Adventures, the one in the middle is Indy, and the one on the right is his gear. You're so damned slanted toward his gear you practically fall off the meter and start asking for fashion tips and how to find OTHER leather jackets from different companies than Wested or LucasArts and leather jackets from other movies!

You wanna see more posts about Indy Jack? Well you'll get 'em! You hate 'em? Well now you know how we feel! He's a snowman in Indy's clothing pretending to be Indy, just like YOU!

You do that stuff on General Movie Boards, not on a place like this! I could understand if no one knew the place that made 'em or they were just discovered and you needed info on how to order 'em, but YOU DON'T!

How about asking Micah to put up a link to the Indy Gear.com forum right next to this and the fan fic forum on the main page so when the thought of posting about fabric comes to mind, they go there! Or how about Micah let's this place talk about IndyGear and creates a new forum dedicated to talking about Indy?

Sounds good to me...

P.S. He didn't say anything in offense of IndyGear, so before you assume just read it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]