We ain't troublemakers...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from user-33qtmtm.dsl.mindspring.com on May 13, 2001 at 11:24:52:

In Reply to: Fedora, my two cents... posted by Zippy on May 13, 2001 at 11:12:24:

We just think that this is the "people's forum," and we get some say in what goes on around here, too. It's annoying to see so many posts about gear all the time, because, face it, not everybody's into it. I think you guys may have turned off a lot of fans by posting it all the time (not everybody posts here, you know; some people just read posts). None of us enjoy getting a rise out of you, all we want are results.

: It's not that these people don't understand, they understand all too well. Their goal is to stir-up trouble and get a rise out of legitimate forum members by posting outrageous comments. Every time you respond to one of their posts, you're giving them exactly what they want: attention (I'm guilty of this too, by posting this). The more angry or insulting you are to them, the better they like it. They have their own forum for NIMs -- so why do you think they continue to post here? It's because they can't annoy anyone over there -- they're amongst their own. Here they can annoy the hell out of everyone, which is what they want. As hard as it is to do, the best thing is to ignore them. They're certainly not going to go away if people continue to respond to them. OK, I've had my say and I'm ready for all the sarcastic comments that are sure to follow. Bring it on...

: Regards,
: Zippy

:
: : You know Shorty,... This place is for "all things Indy", and that includes the gear, the games, the films, and EVERYTHING else. Don't take a rocket scientist to understand that. So why are you guys having such a difficult time?... Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]