My goodness, not enough room to talk about what you want? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-82.col.cableone.net on May 13, 2001 at 13:30:01:

In Reply to: My two cents... posted by Kent on May 13, 2001 at 11:33:26:

: It's just that you are so nit picky. I own all the gear, but I have been sick and tired of all these gear posts! But, you will also see that rarely ever have I bashed them. Unfortunately the gear posts have grown in size and has become sickening. Sure, a little of this, a little of that is all fine and dandy but after a while those of us who enjoy talking about the personality, the traits, the humanity, the adventure, that makes Indiana Jones great will go away because, well, it's not done here. This should be called IndyGEARfan.com
: I am split on this issue, because I love the gear. I would die without my petersbros. But I am also tired of coming in, looking for a discussion about INDY, and seeing something about his shoelaces!
: I wonder how Lucas and Ford and Spielberg would take this overgrowth about his gear (personally I think they would be a bit creeped out and would want to stay as far away from those guys as possible.)
: Besides, I also stand on the fact, that if we could please move the majority of the gear posts to the gear forum, and the NIM posts to the NIM forum, it would be a little more "IndyUser" friendly. Otherwise, those of us who are still interested in who Indy is, should just leave!
: Topics that may be interesting:
: Indy's great Music
: Possible plots for Indy IV
: The casting for Indy IV
: Who Indy really is and what he is about
: Our own adventures
: (To a minimum) The hats and jackets (but don't overdo it.)
: His games (board and computer)

: I think if we could control how many gear posts we make (I know every gear head in this room will disagree with me because I'm "bashing" his Indy styled clothes. But I've never bashed gear at all in this post!) More people would enjoy, and not just those that want to talk about whether he wears boxers or briefs! Personally, I just skip over the gear posts, but when the gear posts have flooded the forum it makes it difficult to find something interesting. I have basically quit reading this forum because there is never any room to talk about Indy!

: There you go Fedora and Sir Richard, insult away. I see that you are good at that! Especially when you do not read what the writer is talking about and you take it out of context and make it sound like something it is not. But hey, do what you must!

: Kent

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]