Re: A disturbing non-CGI Hollywood trend....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 14, 2001 at 13:20:14:

In Reply to: A disturbing non-CGI Hollywood trend.... posted by Austin Powers on May 12, 2001 at 02:51:23:

Everything in Hollywood is a trend. There is probably about a 1000 hacks to every talented person in Hollywood. Charlie's Angels was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I saw it on someone's copied tape. I make sure not to support movies like this. You are right though, one hundred percent. I don't want this to become the "bitch & whine" forum, but I think these types of posts tie into Indy in that they are a call for the return of quality to the action genre. I guess these movies aren't worth getting worked up over. It's just a shame that many of us are not getting a choice. I don't mind Charlie's Angels & movies like it being out there, I just wish there was something else out there as well. Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxx

: Okay, I just noticed another disturbing trend that seems to be sweeping Hollywood by storm. And this one's even worse than the abuse of CGI. Maybe you can guess what it is if I give you a two-word hint....'Charlie's Angels'.

: Did ya guess it?

: If you've seen this movie then you'll probably agree with me that the so-called "Matrix" style of fighting has gotten more popular in Hollywood than a plastic-filled blonde. I just saw 'Charlie's Angels' for the first time tonight and although I didn't expect a great movie, I nearly threw up when I saw the 'Angels' perform superhuman stunts and leaps.

: Now don't get me wrong, I actually didn't mind 'The Matrix'. It was better than I thought it'd be and the stunts were pretty fun to watch. You actually believed the characters were capable of these feats, but only because they were inside a, for the lack of a better term, computer game. But seeing three normal women and one weasely McFly pull off these same stunts in a Chinatown alley made me sick, not to mention the slow-motion bullet rip-off.

: What ever happened to originality? In just seeing brief clips of that 'Crouching Tiger' movie I can tell they studied at the 'Matrix' dojo as well. It's really sad. Are we actually supposed to believe the characters are fighting this way sans wires?

: Austin "Sick of Lame Film" Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]