Wow...your the man! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Georgiana Jones from cc1062592-a.gambrills1.md.home.com on May 14, 2001 at 19:06:04:

In Reply to: No, it is NOT the first time anyone has noticed that!!!!!!!!!!! posted by Shishak on May 14, 2001 at 18:40:01:

: Hey, sorry to come back from the dead like this, but I noticed that myself a while back and even posted a message on it here at this forum!!!! I don't really feel like rummaging through the vault to find it, but it's there. Trust me. This guy (I can't remember who it was) replied to me saying something to the effect that the negative was reversed to maintain the "pre-established direction" or something, since they had been approaching the mountain from the right and they wanted to have them continue to go into that direction.

: Also, that's not the only shot in the movie that's reversed. Oh, no. The part in the temple where Indy and Shorty hand each other their hats and hug and Shorty says, "Indy! My friend!" is reversed as well. If you look sharply you noticed that Indy's hair is parted on the opposite side than normal and that his belt is buckled with the end of his belt hanging out the opposite side as usual and the cord across his chest comes over the opposit shoulder as before. I guess the did this for the same reason as the other shot mentioned. When Indy grabs the stones and puts them in his bag, he heads towards Shorty from the left side of the frame--and I guess in post-production they realized that they had shot the shot of them hugging the opposite way and reversed it for continuity's sake. So HAHA, Fall Guy, you really thought you were a genius, didn't ya!!

: Oh, and BTW, Storty wears a New York GIANTS cap, not a Yankees cap!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]