Oh man! Stalagmites!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0481.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 14, 2001 at 19:16:41:

In Reply to: "Plenty of good food"? Where do I sign up? posted by graml on May 14, 2001 at 19:02:08:

You know what's always bothered me about hats? If you go spelunking (and Indy does!) you can't afford having your vision blocked by the brim of a hat. Seriously, even a ball cap limits your field of vision severely. It's easy to hit your head on something you just plain didn't see (think stalagmites!!!).
I see the value of a wide-brimmed hat out in the sun though. The sun won't burn your ears like when wearing a ball cap. I'm sure Indy didn't have sun lotion. ;)
FG

: Sounds pretty cool. I know what you mean about being more Sallah than Indiana Jones. In my current line of work, I feel more like Marcus than Indy. But where would Indy be without his friend in the museum or the best digger in Cairo? And I'm sure some folks will appreciate the heads-up on the usefulness (or lack thereof) of the Indygear; I've always been an advocate for the baseball cap in any and all outdoor activities. Good luck on the rest of the dig!
: -graml
: PS I can't imagine Indy wearing a leather jacket in the Peruvian jungles. I don't want to imagine anyone wearing a leather jacket in a South Carolina summer! ;)
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: