Re: Predistressed Wested arived.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cache-bas.cableinet.net on May 15, 2001 at 13:17:19:

In Reply to: Re: Predistressed Wested arived. posted by ...whiskey? on May 15, 2001 at 12:33:20:

: I've been thinking about getting the "revised" jacket for a while...what other differences do you note? I've got a Raiders, new finish from about 2 years ago.

Got both on my lap for comparison;

-surface, obviousley the new finish is a lot smoother. The predistressed also seems to be of a slightly thicker skin.

-the cut, pockets and collar exactley the same as before, now with leather facings on collar and zip. this makes those areas a lot stiffer than on the old version. though im sure they'll break in.
The straps are noticeably higher, halfway up the pocket instead of at the base, and stiched further away from the opening rather than inside it. Also stitched on top of the back panel rather than at the edge.

-the fit, my first Wested was a lot bigger, so its hard to compare, but i do think this new cut is a better natural fit. I dont think my jacket will be the 'finished product' for quite a while yet, its gotta break in.

-lining, this was a bonus mistake...i order cotton. i got cotton body with the silesia arms....much recomended, makes it easier to put on.

If theres any specific queries you got, email me and i'll help out all i can.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]