On the other hand, there are also some people who...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from placer.sierra.cc.ca.us on May 16, 2001 at 13:42:22:

In Reply to: Hi there! posted by Fall Guy on May 16, 2001 at 13:23:31:

Type (nm) in the header, and put a message in the message body. ;)

: Welcome...

: I agree partially with you on the header issue. It's annoying to see three lines of header and no message.

: However, I'm not a fan of threads in which every post has the same header! You have to sift through too many posts then. As you have probably noticed, the discussions have a tendency to deviate from the original topic, and checking the starting post's topic doesn't mean all replies are still about that one topic. This keeps everything rather lively.

: Furthermore, we have a way to tell if there is actually a message! If you see a (nm) or NM at the end of a header it means "No Message".
: Of course, some geniuses will actually write the whole message in the header, then type (nm) in the message body. ;)
: Anyway, have fun...

: FG

: : Guys,
: : I'm new to the forum, but I've been following Indy for some time. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I appreciate all of the info I'm finding on the web.

: : I'd also like to make a recommendation to the users of the forum. I've been posting on newsgroups and forums for a long time now. One of the things that is typically done is that you leave the subject unchanged or only slightly modified from the original. I've noticed here as I'm reading the messages that many people are putting their entire reply right in the subject itself. I don't mean to offend anyone, especially since I'm new here. However it would make reading the forum much easier and more enjoyable than opening a message to find that the writer didn't have any more to say than what was in the subject.

: : As I said above, thanks for the info that is out here and if I offended anyone, I certainly didn't mean it and do apologize. It was just a recommendation from experiences on other forums.

: : Mike
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: