Re: Wested Riaders Jacket Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 16, 2001 at 15:49:16:

In Reply to: Wested Riaders Jacket Question posted by mwells on May 16, 2001 at 12:55:44:

Hi Mike. The usual rhetoric on leather treatment is twice a year, once before and once after you pull the jacket out of the closet for "jacket wearing" season. Of course your specific situation could warrant more treatment (rain & heat). Pecards sell a different product besides the paste, called "leather lotion". It seems to work fine on lambskin. The other alternative would probably be Lexol. Both of these products are thin and soak into lamb nicely. The lambskin doesn't stay secure in the rings very well. the pulls slacken with wear, so it is kind of a constant struggle to keep the desired fit with regards to them. I would never pull them. I'd loosen the slack where the leather curves around the ring and pull the excess slack through for adjustment. If you feel there is too much leather hanging forward through the rings you can fold the excess back over itself and on under the first ring.
Regards

xxxxxxxxxxx

: I ahve a few questions I thought I would run by you guys regarding my Wested new finish lamb jacket. First I was wondering how much I should treat it with leather treatment twice a year etc. Second I was wondering what the best leather treatment for it is as I have heard Pecards does not soak into the leather very well. And finally I was wondering how to adjust the D rings I need to make the tighter do you just pull on them? How exactly do the D rings work?
: Thanks!
: Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: