Re: Desperately Seeking Kid's Costume? Check out the closet.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 27, 1998 at 13:28:33:

In Reply to: Desperately Seeking Kid's Costume posted by Jim T. on October 27, 1998 at 07:51:05:

: Help! My son Spencer, age 7, wants to be Indiana Jones this Halloween, and I have not been able to find him a costume. Does anyone know where I can find one? I don't want to spend megabucks on it (it's just a kid's costume, after all) but I would gladly spring for Fedex to ship to to me tomorrow. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

When my eldest daughter was 7, she wanted to do the same thing. We put together a pretty plausible costume out of things we already had around the house, and everyone knew who she was costumed after. A jean jacket substituted for the leather jacket, cowboy boots under regular jeans, a gun belt(this was an actual flap holster I had, but any gun holster will do) on a separate leather belt, a short whip I found at a flea market hung on a leather strap, a military satchel from any surplus store. Now the fedora was a different animal, because it was indeed an old retired Indiana Jones Stetson of mine that she wore. This is probably the only thing you'll have to do a little digging for, but not to bad to find. I still have a picture of her in her costume, and it still looks like a pretty good getup. You don't have to put out any bucks to achieve the "look". Oh, and my daughter also went under the name of "Indiana Jane". Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]