Yep...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 18, 2001 at 12:30:07:

In Reply to: Ah, Goonies. The most racist film of the '80s. (nm) posted by Operator Jake on May 18, 2001 at 11:43:14:

...it had more stereotypes in it than an old Charlie Chan film, but you have to admit, the kids loved it for some reason, and for some perverted reason, I still find it as entertaining as well. But put in the light as you have done below, in the world we currently live in it sure ain't what one would call "PC". Interesting observations! I never thought about it that way. Regards. Michaelson

: I forget where I saw this or who I heard it from , but this source pointed out to me the fact that the criminals were Italians, the Hispanic maid was stupid, the Jewish kid was a fat liar, the WASPs were rich and cruel country club jerks, the Asian kid was both obsessed with gadgetry AND failed to pronounce English properly--there are probably more, but I think that I've spoken for the NAACP enough for one morning.
: The thing that I always wondered about was in the part where the forementioned fat kid is locked in the icebox with the corpse, he screams and pounds at the door, but his friends could hardly hear him at his full volume and rage. However, when the crooks walk by, he sneezes, and Big Bad Mamma says "(polite German phrase for "Bless You." I'm sure Fall Guy will enlighten me on the spelling, but I'd rather not insult him with a bad guess)."
: Was that sneeze a veritable sonic boom????
: Anyway, when dealing with deleted octupi or stereotypical gangsters, let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]