Despite your inability to grasp the English language I do agree with....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 209.181.238.242 on May 18, 2001 at 17:18:23:

In Reply to: "No matter how you cut it it still tastes like crap"? posted by bud-arc on May 18, 2001 at 15:10:34:

Your 3 as well. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Turning the character into the likes of Batman and James Bond whose swinging-door actor policy does more harm than good would be a big mistake.

By the same token a CGI-enhanced Ford would also suck some major ass. The Scorpion King finale in 'The Mummy Returns' was enough to make even the hardest-core CGI supporters shudder a little bit.

But the biggest problem with the mythical 'Indy 4' is that a younger character WILL be introduced. As much as it makes me physically ill at the thought of it, it can't be avoided. Every single "aging hero" movie has featured these lame and useless "proteges", if you will. 'True Grit' had Glen Campbell riding Wayne's coattails, 'The Rock' featured a young Cage opposite the geriatric Connery. Hell, even the 30-something Brendan Fraser was given an even younger counterpart in the Mummy sequel. It's a sad thought, but one that won't be omitted from a fourth Indy film.

Austin Powers

P.S. A fellow fan mentioned a possible Indy cartoon, which when you think about it COULD work. I mean Ford's voice doesn't necessarily sound 60, and an animated Indy could pull off stunts that the aging Ford coulnd't. If they did it right it could be a good alternative.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]