Re: Sidestrap questions...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by falconau from melcache01.powertel.net.au on May 20, 2001 at 05:22:25:

In Reply to: Sidestrap questions... posted by Thefumegator on May 19, 2001 at 00:40:33:

I found that if I pass the strap through the rings so that the loose end of the strap hangs on the inside, rather than out, it is quite secure.
This should be completely opposite to the way your jacket came to you from Wested, but it's a sturdier way to thread it.
There is a shot in the Raiders bar fight where the tail of the strap seems to be hanging on the inside of the buckle rather than out.

: I just got my first jacket 2 weeks ago: a pre-revision new finish lamb Wested.

: 1.I've noticed that the sidestrap on the right side keeps loosening, and I keep on tightening it. Is this because I am severely right handed, always reaching for things with my right hand? Or is this a lambskin thing? Is this normal for all Indy jackets?

: 2.I plan on getting a newer wested this summer (so that it is made to my own measurements), and I was wondering if cowskin might be a little bit better in this issue.

: 3.Is this problem a rarity, only on my jacket? Do FS and US Wings jackets do this? What about other Westeds?

: Thanks!
: Wes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: