Re: Temple Of Doom - Budget Cut!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip227-s12.inetnorth.net on October 28, 1998 at 20:11:34:

In Reply to: Re: Temple Of Doom - Budget Cut! posted by Michaelson on October 28, 1998 at 19:10:49:

: : Something just occured to me the other day...

: : In "Temple Of Doom" when the trio are in the mine cart and come to a gap in the track, Indy calls "DUCK!" They all duck, the cart flies through the air and as if by a miracle, it re-rails itself on the other side.

: : Why on earth would Indy tell everyone to duck down? I mean, would this increase the likelyhood of a safe landing? They have no reason to do this aside from the fact that it would of been easier and cheaper for the creators to not have to worry about putting lif-like dummies or models in the cart in this scene - very sneaky!

: : Rob (Australia)
: : ---

: Yep, as implausable as that scene was (every viewing I attended drew a groan from every crowd in attendance), I guess "Duck" would have made more sense than "Jump", considering what they had underneath them about the whole way through. Regards. Michaelson

Didn't he yell that because there was a slab of rock hanging just over them? I thought I saw this when the car settles down.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]