Re: SECRET OF THE SPHINX

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on October 29, 1998 at 02:29:01:

In Reply to: SECRET OF THE SPHINX FINALLY COMING OUT!!! YES!!! REALLY!!! posted by Brisco on October 28, 1998 at 22:18:29:

: YES, IT'S TRUE: MAX MCCOY'S FINAL INDY NOVEL, INDIANA JONES AND THE SECRET OF THE SPHINX, IS FINALLY COMING OUT THIS JANUARY!!!!!!!
: Normally I abhor all caps posts, but this one really deserves it, as far as I'm concerned. I've been waiting and waiting for this book, as I know many of you have too. It's solicited in the new November issue of Previews that came out today. (Previews is an advance ordering catlog for comic book stores; you can pick it up at any comic shop.) There is a picture of the cover and a brief write-up. The book appears to be orange and has a terriffic cover depicting Indy (same famous head shot from Raiders used on the cover of Fate of Atlantis, the game), Sallah, the Sphinx, a cobra staff and another person who may or may not be Brody; I can't tell. Here's what they say:

: "The Omega book reveals the personal histories of everyone who will ever live. Possession of the book, according to legend, gives the owner the power to write one's own destiny and rewrite the destiny of others. Indiana Jones must find the book and keep it away from a madman who is bent on rewriting humanity's final chapter. (Bantam)"

: The book is paperback, 204 pages, and costs $5.50. The ISBN # (the best way for your local bookstore to look it up) is 0-553-56197-9.

: This book is the final volume in Bantam's Indiana Jones line of paperbacks, and supposedly leaves the reader at the doorstep of Temple of Doom. In my opinion, McCoy's Indy books have been far and away the best written. I can't wait!

: Brisco
: (Who hasn't posted much in the past four months)

: As the Barenaked Ladies would say, "Well for Chris'sakes!" Man, it's about time! Now if Fielding's publisher could just release that Survival Guide, things would be looking up in the book aisles. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]