Marion would not necessarily be dead!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0517.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 22, 2001 at 04:29:06:

In Reply to: Re: Who the hell cares about Indiana Jones? posted by Indiana Banzai on May 22, 2001 at 00:33:56:

If Indy hadn't taken the "assignment", he wouldn't have gone and met Marion. Sure, the Nazis (or maybe even Belloq himself, if he had time) would have found her eventually, but Marion might have sold them the medallion for an apple and an egg. She wouldn't have known of the value of the headpiece. The Nazis might have tricked her out of it rather than killing her.
FG
PS: I hear apples are rare in Nepal... ;)

: Well, let's see:
: - Marion would be dead after Toht and Co. got the headpiece
: - The Ark would have been delivered to Berlin by the Flying Wing
: - Hitler would have been present when the Ark was opened, along with most of his 'top men' ;)
: - The Third Reich would have been destroyed by the wrath of god

: So basically, Indy allowed WWII to happen by getting involved in 'Raiders'....

: : Now that I've got your attention, read my post. What if Indiana Jones didn't accept the case in Raiders of the Lost Ark? I mean, would it have really made any difference? Think about it...the Nazis were their own downfall. The wrath of God would have got them, regardless or not if Indy was there. All those things that Indy did in Raiders; got the medallion, almost get killed at Cairo, found the Map Room, got trapped in the Well of the Souls, ambushed a truck, snuck onto a German submarine, got tied up at the opening of the ark...it was all for naught! If Indy wasn't there, IT WOULD HAVE MADE NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER. So what good was Indy?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: