Okay, for those of us weird enough to have seen "GYMKATA," how about Indy VS. The Game?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cdm-60-159-sana.cox-internet.com on May 22, 2001 at 20:04:15:

I'm not going to ask why or under what circumstances we all saw this film, but in reading some of the posts down below (Indy vs. Han Solo, Indy vs. Conan), and after all these years of still hating it when two good guys fight whether they're on the same side or not, I got this mild brainstorm.
Indy must run three miles through a swamp (we'll let him trade his flat-soled boots for some Keds), climb a 200-foot cliff on a rope (not unlike Fezzik in The Princess Bride), another half mile to a gorge, where the game players use horizontal ropes to cross to the other side, into the "High Forest," where your fellow game players are most likely to try to off you (and some of those fellow players make the German mechanic look like Little Lord Fauntleroy), into a village of lunatics who wield enough farm implements to make the prop department of "Green Acres" jealous, and surviving this, the final five miles back through the swamp again.
Easy? Maybe, but you've got a battalion of black-hooded soldiers on horseback out to run you down and dismember you, and the head start you are granted is debatably generous.
What kind of odds do we give Indy? He is allowed his whip, but in the Asiatic Russian country where the Game is held, guns are forbidden (if caught with a gun, your hand is cut off. No misunderstanding! nm).
Being a romantic, my money is still with Indy. Anyone else?
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]