And of course the link doesn't work (grrrr)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 24, 2001 at 11:25:06:

In Reply to: Just as a point of information... posted by Michaelson on May 24, 2001 at 11:23:44:

The message number is 58757.html. Regards. Michaelson

: ...you'll find the post to the change to the current version of the Wested at link below. I could not find any reference by Peter to the statement that it was now closer to the "original", though in a phone call to me, he stated that it was now matching the "Kepler" original in his collection. Take that statement for what it's worth. Regards to all. Michaelson

:
: : I too sing the praises of Peter's product-currently! As others, I had issues with his PRE-revision jackets (Raiders versions only) as they did not appear accurate to what was seen on screen OR in person. Plus, the fact that he was including a certificate of authenticity with what he has now admitted was NOT authentic....well, anyone can see the innate problems with that-no law degree necessary. Peter does indeed sell a great jacket-I have one myself-POST revision Raiders jacket! So...no criticism of Peter from this ole boy!

: : Oh, and no matter how you intended the word 'geek' to come off....I personally took offense to that! However-as with all free speech, even though I may take offense to what you say, I'll defend your right to say it! Just don't expect a warm reception when you use such terminology! Not a good thing....

: : Regards-
: : Indydawg

: : : nicely put..... and I agree with what you are saying, in the most. But when people start talking about 'fraud' and stuff like that, the pleasant experience that being invloved in this forum should be is ruined and that was basically what I hoped, in a way, to high-light in my initial posting (also having met peter, I don't think that he deserves that kind of slander). And then came that really offensive posting from the faux patterson. I realise that the word 'geek' may have offended as well.... but that's what we are, let's face it, and it doesn't necasseraly have to be taken to heart in the way it was. Also, surely the point of a forum is being able to voice opinions and open discussion, which this obvioously has... if anyone is too out of order then it is quite easy to block them. Finally, without wanting to sound sarcastic.... Please let the BS continue.

: : : PEACE!

: : :
: : : : But part of the experience of this hobby, at least for most, is the researching of the history of its evolution. I HAVE gone back and read through the posts from the very beginning of this forum. Patterson has been here from the start. He has put countless hours of research into the jacket (there are certain members of the forum who have 'expertise' on certain aspects of Indy: clothing, adventure accuracies, etc...., Patterson happens to be the resident jacket expert) and has the diagrams, evidence, and documentation to prove any claim he makes.

: : : : As for being an expert-I am hardly anything close to that! I have only been involved in this hobby for about 2 years-hardly qualifying me as an 'expert'-and I don't claim to be! What I do claim to be is a long-time member of this forum who has taken the time and effort required to become a contributing member of the Indiana Jones Fan Forum. It is fun for alot of people to come on here, post useless tirades that criticize the efforts of others, spouting off their senseless drivel, and basically taking the integrity of this site and tossing it in the garbage. I do not associate with people like that, and I would hope that you would humble yourself a little bit and endeavor to NOT be one of those people. I will say that you are not off to a good start, but as I said....that can be corrected! You wouldn't come up into a guest's home and just start running around like you own the place, criticizing their carpets, talking bad about their food....at least, I hope you wouldn't. Why should this situation be any different? We are all guests here-a little humility will go a LONG way around here with getting respect for your opinions!

: : : : Just a suggestion-but you know what they say about opinions!! Take it for what it is worth.....rest assured though, if you come off as arrogant and indignant....no one but the other arrogant and indignant posters here will talk to you.

: : : : Later!
: : : : Indydawg

: : : : : do you realise how much of that vault there actually is!!!!!! Yoiu must be crazy!!!!! Futher, do you rtealise how much of it is complete 'BS', as you put it. You can't expect everybody to be experts like your good self Mr Dawg..... so who IS this Patterson (I do now realise that that patterson involved in this little tete a tete is a rude fraud... so no offence to the real one). Communicate buddy.....

: : : : : : You and about 10 other people have come onto this forum recently and, without enough historical knowledge, have jumped in with both feet, criticizing the work of other, and basically shooting off your highly ignorant mouths! As my wise father once said though, "Ignorance is only temporary"....look back through the vaults, educate yourself on the history of this forum and read back through what others have said before you start running your mouth about things you little to nothing about!

: : : : : : Sorry to come off as so harsh, but this is one forum member who has had it with the recent BS....

: : : : : : Later ya'll!
: : : : : : Indydawg

: : : : : :
: : : : : : : :I wasn't bashing patterson for that.... just for getting all ' ....this is fraud' stuff. I wasn't really bashing him either just supporting wested. Is patterson something to do with flight suits then? I don't really know the history of this site. If he is I understand why he would want to bash wested.... they are the competition..... aslo why are flight suits soooo overpriced. It's completely out of ptoportion.
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : Patterson is NOT, I repeat NOT bashing the quality of the merchandise which Wested produces just the fact that Wested sells their jackets saying they are exact replicas when they are not. People buy Wested Raiders to get the originals, but are only getting a copy of a copy. Wested does produce the most accurate LC jacket but not an accurate Raiders jacket. Patterson has found proof of all of this, hard evidence, and yet you continuously bash him for trying to give us an accurate Raiders jacket when none were around. Wested is a good company but doesn't produce an accurate Raiders jacket, so they shouldn't say they do. 'nuff said.

: : : : : : : : West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]