As your first sentance is incorrect, I decided notto read the rest. I've actually done a bit of legwork on this and am basing my comments on fact. The disappointment just follows. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wo051.proxy.aol.com on May 24, 2001 at 13:01:17:

In Reply to: This is an unfair comment posted by Indy Sean on May 23, 2001 at 15:55:26:

: I believe that many of your comments come from anger or disappointment more than fact. What qualifies as the "original patterns" may well have been more than one, as we all know costumes change throught one movie (let alone three). Look at the hat, for instance. There are different looking hats all throughout Raiders. The pre-mod Wested may be different from some you've seen on screen, but that doesn't mean it's different from all of them and it doesn't make it less authentic. It is unfair of you to damage Peter's reputation here on the forums. Don't get me wrong, you have the right to your opinion, but it's opinion, not fact.

: Keep in mind that originaal patterns do not always mean one single pattern, especially when it comes to movies. Things are changed all the time for scens. Bottom line, you are NEVER going to get a truly authentic jacket to Indy's because THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Period.

: P.S. All of my comments here are nothing personal against anyone here. I am not trying to make enemies, just trying to defend Peter a little bit because I don't think he deserves what was said. I think that communication errors often cause more pproblems than needed, and if it was defined up front what "original patterns" really are, we wouldn't be in this mess.

: May God be with you in your quest.

: -IS.

: -----

: : And as the geek who accurately labeled this a fraud, I'll stand behind what I've said. The man knowingly sold what he's admitted was not accurate and has only revised his design based on feedback and detailed measurements he received from "the geeks". He actions are fraudulant because he states things that are not in fact true, and does this in a way that influences people to buy his jackets. They obviously believe him in his representations - just look at the descriptions people are using to "dump" their old inaccurate jackets on eBay. Seems to be a lot of them lately - I wonder why? Customers are relying on his false representations. Before you slam somebody, you ought to know what you're talking about.

: : Peter makes a fine jacket, and it is worth what you pay for it. But his other representations do not stand up under scrutiny.

: : I figure Micah will delete this - and likely block me from posting? Maybe that would be best. Well, sorry - but cronies like this guy really ought to put more thought into the fertilizer they spout.

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]