heavy sigh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-mtc-ti064.proxy.aol.com on May 24, 2001 at 15:45:08:

In Reply to: some comments about the new wested raiders jacket posted by soap-box jones on May 23, 2001 at 14:01:49:

Peter makes a great jacket - worth every cent you pay for it... The bantering about "fraud" goes back to posts a few months ago, when we were discussing the technical nature of "constructive fraud", which by the book is what the whole COA and questionable representations are. I will admitt that I have been personally disappointed in Peter Botwright's handling of this. I've been a strong supporter of the man and his business - having bought three jackets from him and having sent too many customers than I can count off the top of my head. But in those times I defended him, I relied upon his representations to me being accurate. In my research - which is chronicled somewhat summarily in the vaults - I've found that those representations are not accurate. This is a factual statement of specific findings. When I brought these to Peters personal attention - on the side - he ignored me. Suddenly, I was being accused of being a crony for another jacket maker. This after I defended him, putting my personal reputation on the line? This after I gave Peter first shot at detailed specifications from a documented original jacket I had the fortune to be able to examine? It was a bitter pill to swallow.

I could go on, but I really just wanted to put this out for some who may not want to dig through the flame sessions in the vaults. I really don't care much about it anymore - the Flight Suits jackets hanging in the closet have satisfied my jacket needs. LOL! In my mind, I'm writing this very calmly and objectively, but my wife says the whole post reads like the keyboard is on fire! LOL! I guess it must just be me?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: