Wested Leather= What do you want

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter Botwright from spider-loh-td081.proxy.aol.com on May 25, 2001 at 12:13:56:

Emails have prompted me to look at Indyfan and its heckling and I feel I must post this comment.
The Wested Raiders jacket has been subtly revised and modified mainly to make it a more durable and commercially viable garment without loosing the Indy look.
The deepening of the action pleats and revised side stitching have cured the main problem of the action pleats and have made the jacket more wearable. This is a problem which FS jackets have tried to cure by putting in a piece of knicker elastic across the back which is laughable.
Yes I have examined the FS jacket and as well made as it is it is not the Holy Grail of Indyworld which I had expected with all the experts help.
Apart from the silly elastic in the back, it has a cheap nylon lining which is unnecessary pieced together and has a plain piped pocked. The collar is pointed and straight out a shirt box and the cheap nickel zip is the wrong gauge( too small) which is why it snakes. Nicely made a I said, nice leather but it is overpriced to the stage of 'Rip Off'.and if that offends I am sorry but having been in the trade for over 30 years this is designer wear price.
The thing I do not understand is how a goatskin, kangaroo or cloth can be considered authentic and yet I get the flack.
If it is only the look and not the material which is important then I will offer those option. Let me Know.
As a postscript I think Patterson may not have seen the Athentic Jacket and would ask if it had a BERMANS& NATHAN label in the back neck as all the jackets were thier property and not Lucas costume dept. If it was why is the FS jacket like it is,
I do not wish to start another contreversy and appreciate all the support I have had from the Indygear staff and supporters but I feel I have to defend my corner sometimes.
Good luck to you all
Cheers
Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: