One more choice of leather...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool1320.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 25, 2001 at 14:27:32:

In Reply to: Wested Leather= What do you want posted by Peter Botwright on May 25, 2001 at 12:13:56:

A nice quality goatskin option would be nice (for added durability, not authenticity).
I must say that I love my lambskin jacket though. I've had it for almost a year and it's holding up great. Due to the climate here in California, lambskin is the only leather that I can wear all year long.
As far as the lining of any jacket goes, I would not want any of the currently available synthetics.
FG

: Emails have prompted me to look at Indyfan and its heckling and I feel I must post this comment.
: The Wested Raiders jacket has been subtly revised and modified mainly to make it a more durable and commercially viable garment without loosing the Indy look.
: The deepening of the action pleats and revised side stitching have cured the main problem of the action pleats and have made the jacket more wearable. This is a problem which FS jackets have tried to cure by putting in a piece of knicker elastic across the back which is laughable.
: Yes I have examined the FS jacket and as well made as it is it is not the Holy Grail of Indyworld which I had expected with all the experts help.
: Apart from the silly elastic in the back, it has a cheap nylon lining which is unnecessary pieced together and has a plain piped pocked. The collar is pointed and straight out a shirt box and the cheap nickel zip is the wrong gauge( too small) which is why it snakes. Nicely made a I said, nice leather but it is overpriced to the stage of 'Rip Off'.and if that offends I am sorry but having been in the trade for over 30 years this is designer wear price.
: The thing I do not understand is how a goatskin, kangaroo or cloth can be considered authentic and yet I get the flack.
: If it is only the look and not the material which is important then I will offer those option. Let me Know.
: As a postscript I think Patterson may not have seen the Athentic Jacket and would ask if it had a BERMANS& NATHAN label in the back neck as all the jackets were thier property and not Lucas costume dept. If it was why is the FS jacket like it is,
: I do not wish to start another contreversy and appreciate all the support I have had from the Indygear staff and supporters but I feel I have to defend my corner sometimes.
: Good luck to you all
: Cheers
: Peter
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: