Re: "The Rip-off returns!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hoth from 1Cust66.tnt2.broken-arrow.ok.da.uu.net on May 25, 2001 at 18:11:11:

In Reply to: "The Rip-off returns!" posted by IndianaJonathan on May 25, 2001 at 15:22:30:

: Anybody check out the new movie "mummy returns". i thought it was ok, just because anything faintly related to archaeology is a must-see for me. but i was disappointed that in the scene when the O'Connell's first enter their house, Steven Sommers (director) had frazier dressed like our beloved Indy: Fedora, Jacket, even a scarf like Indy wore in Young Indy Adv.:Mystery of the Blues (although I doubt that was intentional. Not a bad movie on the whole, but I wish they had left a true film alone and not tried to steal it's thunder. just venting...

: by the way, I know this gets brought up alot, but does anybody know where I can find a fairly inexpensive MkVII bag? I don't really want to spend in the upwards of forty and fifty dollars for it; not because i don't think it's worth that, but because I won'tt to actually use it, for digs and the like. Thanks again!

: "...I should have sent it to the Marx brothers!"

: --IndianaJonathan

Those were just his dress clothes shown in only one scene- how is this a rip-off? Believe it or not, a lot of people wore that kind of clothing in the 30's-40's, the style wasn't invented in 1981.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]