All excellent, points, my friend.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from tcache-mtc-ti01.proxy.aol.com on May 25, 2001 at 18:11:40:

In Reply to: Well.. posted by Georgiana Jones on May 25, 2001 at 15:24:49:

You look at the world around you and sense that things are not as they should be. But where does that standard in your mind come from?
If all we have known all our lives is war, greed, and misery, why do we all feel that these things are wrong instead of 'just the way it is?' Why do we hold each other up to certain moral standards and say "You shouldn't have done that. It was wrong"?

Nearly everyone, religious, agnostic, or atheist, believes in kindness, decency, and fair play. But why is that so, if hatred and corruption are the norm? Obviously we all believe that at some point, things were different; that there is some higher moral authority that we should all adhere to, but don't. Or that we are entitled to something in life that we have not received.

Anyway, Georgiana, you certainly have a right to your opinion, and you're right, you didn't say it was the truth. But carry your logic all the way through, and see where you arrive.

I'd love to carry on this discussion further, though I don't want to bore everyone else or turn this into the religious forum. Your call, Micah?

High regards,

Mr. Smarty Pants :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: