What does Peter B. mean in his post below...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from tcache-tm01.proxy.aol.com on May 29, 2001 at 01:08:15:

when he refers to the "silly knicker elastic" in the back of the FS jacket? I mean, I can feel the elastic he's referring to, but wasn't that put there to stop the problems everyone seemed to be having with their Westeds' side vents not closing properly?
(I don't have a Wested, so I'm just going by what others have said.)

Also, what does he mean about the "pointed collar straight out of a shirt box?" I have no idea. What should the collar look like?

As for the too-small nickel zipper, mine has a brass zipper.
Does anyone know what he means about a zipper that "snakes?"

I don't disbelieve him or wish to discredit him, I'm just a Yank
(or a 'Spam') who don't savvy the lingo.

I was planning on buying a Wested until the FS came out, and after trying on both jackets, I liked the looser fit of the Expedition better. I also thought the back straps with the rectangular black oxide rings looked more authentic than the nickel
D-rings and X-stitched straps (reference the back shot of the jacket in the Raven bar fight scene). The Expedition is a great jacket, except I forgot to specify a nickel zipper. The only detail I question is the front pockets, which don't seem as 'scalloped' as the ones on the shot of Indy on the back of that "Stars" book. (By the
way, what's with that photo? Does anybody know anything about it? His bag strap looks too wide, like they couldn't find the right one,
and he's clean shaven, but his clothes look like they've been through hell.) My guess is it's a publicity shot taken months after filming wrapped, and they couldn't find all the costume components so they
improvised a little. Well, it's still a cool photo.

Am I rambling? I'm just so pent-up from that long weekend!

-schwammy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]