Response to Patterson from below

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris King from gra-b.demon.co.uk on May 30, 2001 at 04:15:44:

I posted this in response to your LOL reply to my message further down the page. I didn't want you to miss my response so I've posted it again here:

"Hi Patterson,

Thanks for taking the time to address my points. I'm not quite sure what your cryptic (grin) was about regarding the zipper though. I am merely stating that I cannot find any stills from Raiders where the collar tips look like my FS. However, apart from Wested's collar being too big (because it's the Last Crusade version) the rounded tips they have make it look much more authentic to the Raiders jacket. Why would my FS tips be more pointed than yours? After the numerous e-mails I sent to FS telling them that I wanted this to be a perfect replica of the original, I would have thought they would have got these details right. Similarly on the storm flap width. Mine was 1 inch wide so I guess it must have been one of the jackets that went out with the A2 flap by mistake. There are other details which don't appear to match the extensive referenc photos that I have, but I won't bother going into them here. I have tried to recapture the initial enthusiasm that I felt when I first got the FS, but apart from the smaller collar, I could see nothing that made it more accurate than Wested's. Just my opinion.

Finally, regarding your comment "Best of luck Chris in whatever it is you are looking for with this", my answer to this is simple. I am looking for a perfect replica of the Raiders jacket. I thought I was going to get it with the Flight Suits but I guess I was wrong. You mentioned in one of your other replies to someone that the action pleats should actually be 1.5 inches wide but are in fact, 2 inches on the FS. I would have liked them to be the same as the original. I thought that the intention was to recreate the screen worn jacket that you inspected.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: