Hmmmm....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tf013.proxy.aol.com on May 30, 2001 at 04:37:30:

In Reply to: Re: LOL! posted by Chris King on May 29, 2001 at 19:20:02:

Chris,

I'm just trying to maintain a sense of humor about the whole thing - it beats getting bent out of shape. On the original and the FS - they are both 1.5 inches on the pleat. I was told that Peter had gone to a 2 inch pleat to keep it closed - in fact, I think it was in a post he put out. I may be mistaken.

I do feel bad about your jacket - sounds like a bad one slipped through. I suppose it can happen to anybody - the cool thing about FS is that they will fix it. On the collar? I'm just assuming yours looks different than mine, as mine looks nothing like a "dress shirt", i.e. it has a rounded tip, just not a round as a LC. There is some variation, as each jacket is hand made - but I would be surprised to see very much variation.

Well, again, I'm not trying to be cryptic - just keeping some perspective. I am only a fan myself, and am trying to avoid the label Peter seems determined to put on me. When I say I hope you find what you're looking for? Well, you have to admit the depth you've taken with this hobby is more serious than most - and I tip my hat to you for it. At different stages along the way, I've gotten tired of the logistics of getting a jacket we could even call being close to the "grail of Indygear fandom" I had the pleasure to even get close to. Individuals like yourself helped get me up for another trip to El Cajon here, or another late night going through notes and looking at stills there... I have a busy life outside this hobby - a wife and 2 kids and a mortgage to take care of! Being a fan doesn't pay the way it ought to! (grin)

You mentioned the pocket and the degree of scallop? I'd have to agree it was something we could have looked at in more detail. I had other things that I was more concerned with, i.e. the strap configuration and the bi-swing pleat construction. The cargo flaps really did not stick out as being that much different than what you see on the FS, but again with limited time and resources I guess we did the best we could.

I'm not up for any revisions, though I may approach FS to see if they'd be interested in another version that incorporates functional details like larger gussets, a redesigned bi-swing pleat, pockets without handwarmers, and grommets for ventilation on the gussets. I'm thinking along something that shoots for being a true adventure jacket in the spirit of Indiana Jones, but which makes no claim on authenticity. If they're not up for a production jacket, I may just see if I cannot talk them into commissioning a custom jacket. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: