Re: Hatwork's project progress

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust40.tnt23.sfo3.da.uu.net on October 31, 1998 at 12:49:29:

In Reply to: Hatwork's project progress posted by Michaelson on October 31, 1998 at 11:53:42:

: Spoke to Ann of the Hatworks Friday, and the Broner should be shipped sometime this week. As soon as I have the item in hand, I will write a follow up, along with all prices and schematics and photographs, and will mail them to Mike and Max of the IndyDiggs for your review. I plan to give Ann the first crack at reading the review to edit out what she wants said, or add anything I may have forgotten. Anyway, it should be all together within the next few weeks. Regards. Michaelson

I'm excited about this project. I have worn fedoras for a long time, and have donned many kinds, including the Lucasfilm woolfelt Indy hats (I stocked up on those). One of my favorites has been retired. I purchased it in Paris, and modified the look somewhat. It spent years in the field with me, and is definitely on it's last leg. I purchased a Sierra from Worth and Worth last year, but it is too tight a fit. I got a hat stretcher from dave Morgan, and have been trying to loosen it up. Recently, I purchased a David Morgan open-crowned Akurba, and have put it through several modifications, and am very pleased with the hat. The color is much lighter than any other hat I own (fawn). It looks as if it's the Indy hat after it's been worn and dusty (sort of a brownish-grey--hard to describe). I had to change the ribbon to 39mm black grosgrain, remove the bound edge, and bash it myself. I am very pleased with it. It also has chin-strap fasteners (for those windy days in the field).

I'm excited to see the specs and photos, Michaelson. I think it is neat that men can be returning to the hat days. I really would like a HJ fedora, but for now, I've just been making my own for the field.

Talk to you soon

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: