Are you talking about this?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0383.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on June 02, 2001 at 04:14:01:

In Reply to: Just picked up this film.....And requesting help from Michaelson.... posted by Indiana Jimmie on June 02, 2001 at 03:36:58:

Part one (1919): The Golden Lake (I think...):

Kay Hoog gets a message in a bottle. It’s all about an Inca treasure and an explorer named Fred Johnson (who is of course being held prisoner in an old Inca city).
Members of the secret organization “The Spiders”, led by the millionaire Lio Sha, track Hoog.
Hoog, having found the lost city of the Incas, saves the local priestress who is about to end up as a sacrifice. Hoog takes the priestress in a daring escape to San Francisco. There she is murdered in a crime of passion by Lio Sha. Hoog vows revenge...

Part Two (1920): The Ship of Diamonds (or something like it...):

Hoog finds out about a fiendish plan of The Spider. Whoever gets his hands on a diamond-clad Buddha head will rule Asia.
Hoog travels to London where he meets diamond king Tony Parker (Okay, so I made that one up!).
His search leads hoog to the Falkland islands. After lots of murder and kidnapping, there is a showdown between Hoog, Lio Sha and her gang in a cave. That’s where the treasure is waiting. Or something like that.

Fall Guy

: I bought a dvd of a film called THE SPIDERS today....because it was directed by Fritz Lang (whose films I am a total sucker for) in 1919.
: The liner notes, among other things, discuss how this film was thought to have been lost.

: Anyway, the rest of the notes go on to describe that this is the first two parts of what was intended to be a four movie "serial", and that Lang had passed on the opportunity to direct THE CABINET OF DR CALIGARI to make these films.

: Then it goes on to describe the films' plot.....TOTALLY an Indy-esque type of film!!

: My plea to Michaelson is : Do you know any more about this movie? I have scoured the net, but could only find about what the liner notes give.

: And if anyone is interested, I may transcribe the liner notes tomorrow night while here at work.....

: I can't wait to get home in the morning so I can watch this thing!!

: Later all,

: Indiana Jimmie
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: