My Brotha!! I may feel stupid for asking, but where can I find out more?...(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust33.tnt8.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on June 02, 2001 at 06:50:05:

In Reply to: Are you talking about this? posted by Fall Guy on June 02, 2001 at 04:14:01:

: Part one (1919): The Golden Lake (I think...):

: Kay Hoog gets a message in a bottle. It’s all about an Inca treasure and an explorer named Fred Johnson (who is of course being held prisoner in an old Inca city).
: Members of the secret organization “The Spiders”, led by the millionaire Lio Sha, track Hoog.
: Hoog, having found the lost city of the Incas, saves the local priestress who is about to end up as a sacrifice. Hoog takes the priestress in a daring escape to San Francisco. There she is murdered in a crime of passion by Lio Sha. Hoog vows revenge...

: Part Two (1920): The Ship of Diamonds (or something like it...):

: Hoog finds out about a fiendish plan of The Spider. Whoever gets his hands on a diamond-clad Buddha head will rule Asia.
: Hoog travels to London where he meets diamond king Tony Parker (Okay, so I made that one up!).
: His search leads hoog to the Falkland islands. After lots of murder and kidnapping, there is a showdown between Hoog, Lio Sha and her gang in a cave. That’s where the treasure is waiting. Or something like that.

: Fall Guy

: : I bought a dvd of a film called THE SPIDERS today....because it was directed by Fritz Lang (whose films I am a total sucker for) in 1919.
: : The liner notes, among other things, discuss how this film was thought to have been lost.

: : Anyway, the rest of the notes go on to describe that this is the first two parts of what was intended to be a four movie "serial", and that Lang had passed on the opportunity to direct THE CABINET OF DR CALIGARI to make these films.

: : Then it goes on to describe the films' plot.....TOTALLY an Indy-esque type of film!!

: : My plea to Michaelson is : Do you know any more about this movie? I have scoured the net, but could only find about what the liner notes give.

: : And if anyone is interested, I may transcribe the liner notes tomorrow night while here at work.....

: : I can't wait to get home in the morning so I can watch this thing!!

: : Later all,

: : Indiana Jimmie
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: