I deifintely have to agree with you here, though, Austin

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 66.108.17.93 on June 02, 2001 at 12:16:12:

In Reply to: I've said it before and I'll say it again.... posted by Austin Powers on June 02, 2001 at 06:03:24:

River Phoenix was great. He had the mannerisms down to a tee. SPF and HF are two totally different people as Indy, they go together like oil and water. SPF looked too preppy also, Indy is supposed to act cool, even the young one. SPF does look stuck in puberty. He is a good actor, just not as Indy. They picked the wrong guy. How are we supposed to look up to him?

Excuse me while I go barf.

IS

River Phoenix was THE Young Indy, period. I've never thought much about Flannery's voice, but now that you mention it it is rather dainty. I mean the supposed 12-year-old that Phoenix played had a depper voice, and one that was VERY Ford-esque.

: Yeah that stupid drug addict went and ruined what could've been a successful big screen Young Indy series. He looked like Ford, he sounded like Ford, and above all....he wasn't the wuss that Flannery is was and always will be. Hell, I think even I could take Flannery. It's a sad day when you're capable of beating up your heroes.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]