Sorry, I guess I forgot that you were born a hero.......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cdm-60-159-sana.cox-internet.com on June 02, 2001 at 13:28:48:

In Reply to: Why Did George Lucas Do That To Me? posted by Jake on June 02, 2001 at 12:26:58:

I hope that didn't sound too confrontational, but I personally like the Young Indy adventures, since they show that Indy wasn't always the studmuffin that we know him as in the Harrison Ford era.
We got to see the emotion of Young Indy as he kills his fellow man for the first time (although the experience is slightly more traumatic than portrayed for the average Joe), we see him learn how to roll with the punches when the plans don't work out, and where he learned to say the classic line "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!"
Also, being the history geek that I am, I enjoy seeing if the writers of the show did their homework or not, and "Mystery of the Blues" was pretty much right on the money, from what I could see.
Bottom line up front, I have yet to see a woman give birth to a child wearing a fedora and swinging around a whip. These things take time to develop. Indy was/is a "human," too, and these shows give us that peek into how the man we love got to where he was.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]