Re: Sorry, I guess I forgot that you were born a hero.......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake from host-216-78-23-78.cae.bellsouth.net on June 02, 2001 at 14:08:44:

In Reply to: Sorry, I guess I forgot that you were born a hero....... posted by Operator Jake on June 02, 2001 at 13:28:48:

(The title of my post was meant to imply why did Lucas do that to me as a fan, not why did he do that to the character. Hmmm, I didn't consider that meaning when I wrote it.)

Anyway, I never thought of Indy as a studmuffin, since I always enjoyed that he wasn't a good judge of character and made all-too-human mistakes. I know the series attempted to show this side of him (for example, when he made an ass of himself in front of the crowd while trying to play sax in MOTB), but they also did a lot wrong with the character.

I respect that you like the show, and believe me I tried, but the even bigger bottom line is that it wasn't good enough to be considered Indiana Jones. Scratch that- because I don't want to call it a bad show- let's just say that someone found a way to make Indiana Jones mind-numbingly boring.

Look, I'm just a screenname, but if the show had been better it would have been a hit in the first place and the videos would be serving more of a purpose than keeping other tapes from falling over on the shelves at Suncoast.

And even if it was ahead of its time on the small screen, it certainly would have been a hit 10 years after the fact, especially with the internet offering a way to validate being a fan of anything. I mean, hell, someone posted about Gymkata a few weeks ago.

Let's do something unwarranted out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]