NOW THIS IS THE KIND OF POST I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent from 65.164.41.165 on June 03, 2001 at 00:46:52:

In Reply to: I rest my case.... posted by Austin Powers on June 03, 2001 at 00:39:57:

Great work, Austin.

: Great work, Kent.

: Ever since 'The X-Files' came on I saw a slight Ford-ness in Duchovny. But I could never get past the fact that he's TOTALLY boring. His monotone voice is even duller than Ford's nervous press-junket voice and he's got about as much personality as my busted shoelace. Treat Williams, well, he's got about as much box-office drawing power as Yahoo Serious, plus he's no spring chicken anymore either. Russell Crowe, speaking of personalities or lacks thereof. Steve Martin ribbed the guy at the Oscars and he showed the world just how pathetically blah he is by sitting there expressionless, plus he's like 5-foot nothin'. Like I said earlier, Clooney would make a great Indyesque character, not necessarily Indy himself. To me, Ford IS Indiana Jones and he always will be.

: But back to the subject of my post. By putting the fedora on the present-day Ford in your picture you have proven a point that I've been stressing for months. Harrison Ford is TOO OLD to play Indiana Jones again. Just look at how sad he looks in the picture. It's like seein' a 40-year-old housewife try and squeeze into her cheerleading outfit from highschool for one last hurrah.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]