Re: Hatwork's project progress

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 01, 1998 at 11:17:57:

In Reply to: Re: Hatwork's project progress posted by John Jones Stork on October 31, 1998 at 13:12:56:

: : : Spoke to Ann of the Hatworks Friday, and the Broner should be shipped sometime this week. As soon as I have the item in hand, I will write a follow up, along with all prices and schematics and photographs, and will mail them to Mike and Max of the IndyDiggs for your review. I plan to give Ann the first crack at reading the review to edit out what she wants said, or add anything I may have forgotten. Anyway, it should be all together within the next few weeks. Regards. Michaelson

: : I'm excited about this project. I have worn fedoras for a long time, and have donned many kinds, including the Lucasfilm woolfelt Indy hats (I stocked up on those). One of my favorites has been retired. I purchased it in Paris, and modified the look somewhat. It spent years in the field with me, and is definitely on it's last leg. I purchased a Sierra from Worth and Worth last year, but it is too tight a fit. I got a hat stretcher from dave Morgan, and have been trying to loosen it up. Recently, I purchased a David Morgan open-crowned Akurba, and have put it through several modifications, and am very pleased with the hat. The color is much lighter than any other hat I own (fawn). It looks as if it's the Indy hat after it's been worn and dusty (sort of a brownish-grey--hard to describe). I had to change the ribbon to 39mm black grosgrain, remove the bound edge, and bash it myself. I am very pleased with it. It also has chin-strap fasteners (for those windy days in the field).

: : I'm excited to see the specs and photos, Michaelson. I think it is neat that men can be returning to the hat days. I really would like a HJ fedora, but for now, I've just been making my own for the field.

: : Talk to you soon

: : --nitzsche

: Hi!
: I cannot purchase hats you spoke about because of a price and problems with internet ordering.But I found a hatmaker here in Poland,
: I gave him a pictures and I`m waiting for my hat.The cost is about 30-40$ and his hats are with very good quality.If I recive my hat I will send a pictures to enybody who want`s that and if somone likes it, we will discuss about purchasing (if somebody is from Europe it will be easyier to purchase it from Poland then from USA). That`s my 3p.

: John "Jones" Stork

John, maybe you could do what I'm currently doing for your friend there in Europe and get as much information as you can regarding YOUR hatmaker. Send them to Max of the IndyDiggs page. He's based in Germany, and a regular forum writer. That would be great! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]