Forgive me father for I have sinned...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-tl022.proxy.aol.com on June 04, 2001 at 00:43:46:

...but, I have not watched ANY of the movies for weeks – until just tonight – and I’ll tell you why. The collar discussions just about put me over the edge. I began to question what it was I saw with my own eyes, and I began to feel a few die-hard supporters and partners in crime had their doubts as well.

Then I decided to bring the Raiders DVD along with the family and me on a trip up to Seattle. We were going up just for the weekend, as my 8-year-old was to be receiving his first communion at the church we had gone to for the last several years we had lived up in the gloom and drizzle that is the Pacific Northwest.

I decided to watch Raiders the other night when the kids went to bed, along with my father-in-law ad my wife. The three of us got into a fairy lively Indygear session during the opening sequence. You see – we all saw the pointed collar that I have on my veg goat Expedition clear as day. We guessed that the curvature of the collar point occurs over a 3/8-inch radius. It was plainer than the scar on old Harry’s chin, folks. The funny thing was – once he leaps out of the temple and into the hands of the Hovitos, he’s wearing another jacket with a slightly more rounded tip on the collar – this one a dead ringer for both my wife’s veg goat and my chrome goat. We guessed the curve occurs over a ½ inch radius. Vindication – at least with my self.

I’ve been thrown into the role of being a jacket expert, and I’d be fibbing if I said I did not enjoy it at times. But I have to say that skirmishes with some who I’ve come to expect to have a good eye for this stuff has left me frustrated. I feel I’m saying the sky is blue, and the feedback is that it’s really purple. I don’t know how to respond, other than go back to what I see.

I mean no disrespect by any of this, and hope anybody who finds this either remotely interesting or may feel they are the subjects of this to understand. You see, though I no longer have any Westeds, I have pictures of all that have passed through my hands, and I’ve not seen a collar that looks right on any of them – it was one of a number of “issues” I’ve had with them. BUT, I don’t want to start a Botwright-bashing festival again.

I’m looking at a freeze frame of the collar inside the temple sequence in Raiders, and I see the more pointed collar that I have on my veg goat Expedition. Looks like the real deal to these old eyes. Wish I could take freeze frame stills on my PC – maybe I’ll hit up MK this week.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: