Thinking about giving away my 554...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jun from spider-ntc-tb062.proxy.aol.com on June 04, 2001 at 11:56:37:

Hello all!

After a couple of months of having and wearing my 554, I am thinking of just giving it away. A friend told me I should put it on Ebay but just giving it sounds good to me. I have put a new black ribbon on it and shape it to the best that I could to look like the LC fedora. The sweatband has shrunk and needs a new one and the inside lining was never sewn to the hat. I just used some masking tape to hold it in place.

The fur felt is alittle stiff and I have never used stiffener on the hat, it just came that way. The crown is tapered, too tapered. This is why I do not wear it anymore. IMO, this can be a good fedora for a child. By the way, it is a size 8. I got a big melon! Remember when Shorty was wearing the fedora in the village while Indy was discussing what happened to the village? It can look like that on a child.

No, this is not a contest. Although it may end up that way. I do not mean it to be. Forgive me John(and Micah, this post was originally at IndyGear) if it happens. Everyone who is interested post here or you can e-mail me privately. Doesn't matter to me. I am going to get Lee Keppler's Raiders fedora now... everyone have a good one!

Best Regards,
Indiana Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: